Omega VRT350HD Juicer
Omega VRT350HD upgrades over previous generation VRT330 is new 8X stronger and more durable ULTEM screen housing and now all parts contacting food are BPA free. Top benefits: improved durability.
Omega’s 2nd generation vertical single gear low speed masticating juicer with dual stage extraction which maximizes juice yields. The first stage crushes to extract, and the second stage presses and squeezes produce of all types, all at a slow 80 RPM. The Low Speed Technology System (LSTS) ensures minimal heat and oxidation to deliver higher quality nutrient dense juice, richly preserving enzymes, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients and flavour.
The VRT350, is capable of juicing a wide array of produce including wheatgrass at high yields. It offers a stronger and more durable screen than the previous generation (model VRT330). It includes the “Automatic Wiping System” that enables more juice to pass through by clearing excess pulp from screen area.
- New screen housing made of GE ULTEM material which is 8x stronger.
- Automatic Wiping System (helps clear excess pulp from juicing screen)
- BPA free – previous generation (VRT330) had BPA
In general, missing valuable features included next generation juicers VRT400HD and VSJ843 such as:
- Missing the new patented juicing spout tap flap! This means no:
- No easy cleaning to clear machine between juicing projects or to help minimize clean up when done a juicing session.
- No mixing function to mix juicing extracts
- No plug to stop messy dripping on your countertop
- Has a 5-year shorter warranty than the newer models. The VRT350 only has a 10-year warranty compare that to the new models such as the VRT400 or VSJ843 that have an amazing 15-year warranty on all parts and labour.
- Tend to be more expensive than horizontal single gear equivalent units
- More food prep required than with horizontal units. Must cut produce to size before putting into feed chute, especially highly fibrous foods such as celery and swiss chard.
- Tends to have more foam than horizontal single gear juicers (8000 series)
How will it benefit you?
- High nutrition value – The low rotation speed (only 80 RPM) means minimal heat and oxidation for more nutrient dense juice
- High yield – Excels at mixed produce alternating soft and hard produce into feed chute.
- Small Footprint – Compact design of vertical juicers, ideal for those where counter-top real-estate is premium.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Attractive design to appoint your countertops.
- Quiet Operation – Very quiet operation.
- Peace of mind – Comprehensive 10 Year warranty on all parts and labor. Delivering you many years of trouble-free, dependable service.
We feel that while this is a good and very capable juicer however for the small price difference, the features available in newer models such as the VRT400HD and VSJ843, such as described under “The Bad” section, provide much better value, making them a better buy. And for those that want superior juice (yield/nutrition) in a vertical juicer, the additional advancements in the VSJ843 (ex: 43 RPM, and twin wing auger design), make it the best juicer of choice in this category of juicers.
Additionally, if you intend to consistently juice mainly wheatgrass, you may want to consider looking at something else that can get even higher wheatgrass juice yields. Such as:
- The latest single auger vertical VSJ843
- Any of the 8000 Series (horizontal single augers)
- Twin gear juicers (pricier option but gold standard premium especially for green juicing and purported maximum nutrition)
Is this Right for Me?
When it comes to selecting the right juicer, there is no one universal juicer that juices all fruit and vegetables equally the same. The different styles and category of juicers are optimized for some tasks more than others, so knowing what you want to juice most often, helps you find the best juicer to match your juicing intentions. Consider the following.
- If you intend to juice mostly a variety of mixed produce juices and make juicing a regular part of your healthy lifestyle, compare this with the newer models specifications, features, functionality and benefits.
- If you intend to juice mostly greens, and would appreciate extra non-juicing functionality in the appliance such as being able to extract pasta shapes, make baby food, grind coffee and more, you may like a horizontal single gear juicer, such as one of the 8000 series.
- If you intend to juice mostly leafy greens and wheatgrass, value even higher nutrition density and have the budget for the next level up in premium juice extracting, than a Twin Gear Juicer (horizontal juicer with two augers), may be for you.
To be clear you are selecting the best and most suitable juicer for your needs and preferences with this style of juicer, compare all the vertical single gear generations, by viewing the following: Compare Vertical Single Gears
If you are not sure if the vertical single gear category of juicers is for you, get clear on types, styles and categories now. It is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3! Check out the Juicer Buying Guide Now
John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ explains the differences between the Omega VRT350 Juicer and the Omega VRT350 HD Juicer. In addition, you will also learn about the Omega VRT 330 HD and the original Omega 330 Juice Extractor. After watching this video you will know the differences between all these juicers. In addition, you will learn about the new collection cups that are included with the Omega VRT Juicers. Finally, John will demonstrate juicing a whole watermelon with rind, skin and seeds.
What is the Di...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ explains the differe...