Omega VRT400HDS Juicer
VRT400HDS offers same great features as the VRT350 plus more. Top upgrade benefits include the patented juicing tap flap addition. Enjoy: mixing juices, easy cleaning and no tap drip mess operation.
Omega’s 3rd generation vertical single gear low speed masticating juicer with dual stage extraction which maximizes juice yields. It juices everything from fruits, vegetables, leafy greens and wheatgrass. Delivers all the advancements from the previous generation, plus more features and functionality. The VRT400HDS juicer includes the following upgrades:
- New patented juice tap flap. Providing more options such as juice mixing, great for making nut milks, an easy cleaning feature and the open / close juice tap flap that enables drip control.
- New updated attractive design in a silver and black accent finish.
The VRT400, is for people that like to juice a variety of produce in their routine and recognize the value of low 80 RPM extracting speeds for achieving nutrient dense and high quality juice. This vertical extracting system, offers a very strong ULTEM constructed screen. All parts in contact with food are BPA free. Extractor includes the “Automatic Wiping System” feature, which clears excess pulp from screen area. New upgrades unique to this model include the following.
- Omega’s new patented juice tap flap.
- Providing more options such as fruit and vegetable juice mixing, and nut milk making
- Easy cleaning feature between
- Open / close juice tap flap, as plug for drip control.
- Superior machine assurance with upgraded 15-year warranty on all parts and labour. (This is 5 years longer than the previous VRT350 model)
- Updated sleek attractive silver and black accent design appliance
In general, missing valuable features included in the next generation juicer VSJ843 such as:
- Not as whisper quiet as VSJ843
- Takes longer to clean than VSJ843
- Less yield than VSJ843
- Does not have the dual edge wing auger like in the VSJ843 that provides tighter fit tolerance for higher juice yields. The newer system is purported to make more palatable, smoother and more nutrient dense juice
How will it benefit you?
- High nutrition value –Only 80 RPM, resulting in minimal heat and oxidation for more nutrient dense juice
- High yield – Excels at juicing recipes with mix of soft and hard produce that is altered when fed into feed chute
- Small Footprint – Compact design of vertical juicers, ideal for those where counter-top real-estate is premium.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Attractive design to appoint your countertops.
- Quiet Operation – Very quiet operation.
- Peace of mind –15 Year warranty on all parts and labor.
We feel that while this is a good and very capable juicer, the improvements and differences in the newer model VSJ843, such as described under “The Bad” section, making it the best buy in this juicer “Style > Category”.
Additionally, if you intend to consistently juice mainly wheatgrass, you may want to consider evaluate juicers that can get even higher wheatgrass juice yields. Such as:
- The latest generation single auger vertical juicer: the VSJ843
- The 8000 Series (horizontal single augers)
- Twin gear juicers (pricier option but gold standard premium especially for green juicing and purported even higher nutrition)
Is this Right for Me?
When it comes to selecting the right juicer, there is no one universal juicer that juices all fruit and vegetables equally the same. The different types, styles and category of juicers are optimized for some tasks more than others, so knowing what you want to juice most often, can help you find the best juicer to match your juicing intentions. Consider the following general guidelines.
- If you intend to do more fruit juicing, or mixed produce juicing recipes than only leafy greens or only hard produce, than you may want to look at the vertical juicers.
- If you intend to juice mostly greens, and would appreciate extra non-juicing functionality in the appliance such as being able to extract pasta shapes, make baby food, grind coffee and more, you may prefer horizontal single gear juicers, such as one of the 8000 series. However keep in mind, that if you you anticipate not having an “auto feed” operation and that having to continually feed produce and plunge could be boring, tiresome, physically straining or could deter you from juicing often, then evaluate: vertical single augers.
- If you intend to juice mostly leafy greens and wheatgrass, value even higher nutrition density and have the budget for the next level up in premium juice extracting, than a Twin Gear Juicer (horizontal juicer with two augers), may be for you.
To be clear you are selecting the best and most suitable juicer for your needs and preferences with this style of juicer, compare all the vertical single gear generations, by viewing the following: Compare Vertical Single Gears
If you are not sure if the vertical single gear category of juicers is for you, get clear on types, styles and categories now. It is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3! Check out the Juicer Buying Guide Now
John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ compares the Omega VSJ843 to the Omega VRT400. In this episode, you will learn the specific design differences between the Omega VRT400 and the all-new Omega VSJ843. Although these juicers are both made by Omega, one has been significantly improved over the other. During this video, you will discover the specific differences and similarities between these two cold press vertical single auger juicers. At the end of this video John will perform a yield test where equal parts of pineapple and power greens leafy greens mix is juiced in both machines to find out which juicing machine will reign supreme in this juice off comparison test. After watching this episode, you will discover which juicer you should purchase if you are given the choice between these two Omega vertical slow juicers. To learn more and purchase the Omega VSJ843: http://www.discountjuicers.com/omegavsj843s.html To learn more and purchase the Omega VRT400: http://www.discountjuicers.com/omegavrt400.html
Omega VSJ843 v...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ compares the Omega V...
Omega VRT400 v...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ compares the Omega V...