Identify The Best Juicer System For You
You must match the juicer to what you intend to do with the juicer. There are several "styles" of juicers available on the market today. Some are better suited for juicing certain kinds of produce than others. There is no "perfect" juicer that will perform every juicing operation with equal output qualities (such as juice yield, pulpiness, flavour and nutrition values). Evaluate your needs carefully before purchasing an appliance to help you find the most optimal choice for your needs. Notwithstanding costs, we feel these are the most relevant factors in choosing a juicer.
STEP 2 – Identify Juicing Requirement/ Selecting Type of Juicer
- Types of produce you will be juicing: Some juicers excel in leafy greens, others in hard produce and others are very good in most tasks but require a little food preparation with cutting. If you are interested in juicing a lot of certain types of produce, or are keen in certain types of juicing recipes (such as detoxing leafy green juices or revitalizing fruit juices) then see which juicer is a good match for those tasks in the grading table.
And for those considering systems that do more than juicing, the following chart indicates what extra functionality can be had in juicing system categories
- Juice Quality: A good juice in general will be tasty and high in nutrition. A good juicer makes quality juice extracting high nutrient and enzyme rich content. In general, less oxidation (achieved via lower speed extraction) results in higher nutrition factors (ex: health supporting phytonutrients/phytochemicals and enzymes) other factors include less foam and less pulp as personal preferences.
- Yield of juice per pound of produce: If you want to get the best value from your juicer, then juicing yield will be an important consideration. Two main points you want to consider when looking at yield.
- Quality! Premium grade juicer vs bargain basement – A high quality juicer can extract more juice per pound of produce than a low grade/ low budget juicer. What does this mean to you the shopper of a new juicer? It means that when looking at juicers, the initial sticker price difference will be offset and dwarfed overtime and use, due to the savings gained from higher juicing yields in the range of 15-25% and more. For persons intending to use their juicer more than occasionally, it simply makes sense to shop smart and get a quality juicer that produces better quality juice and greater yields from the start.
- Extraction Method! The different extraction methods impact juicing yields. Some excel at juicing particular types of produce more than others. In order to aid your decision, the following table presents a general overview of juicing yields for single and combination produce juice extraction by juicer category. Note that this is an on average value and to refer types of produce chart is step 1, for direction on what juicers excel at the type of produce you intend to juice most often.
- Speed of juicing: This refers to the whole process, starting from food prep (some require more cutting), feeding the juicer (some auto feed, others require plunger to press down) and then juice collecting the final output. Different styles of juicers will vary in each step for speed juicing. Depending on produce and combination, results will vary, see product detail pages for more insight on each juicing appliance model.
- Ease clean up: This is a very important factor in most people’s decision, especially if they are experienced in making fresh juice at home. Basically, if juicing is too much of a hassle with things like clean up, then you may not do it as often as you wanted for your health goals. When shopping for the best juicer for you, keep in mind, juicers should be cleaned immediately after use.
- Quiet Operation: There is a huge disparity in how loud different juicers can be. Does loudness matter to you? In general, “Slow Juicer Types” are quieter, and “High Speed Juicer Types” are louder. Comparing products within each group will reveal those that are exemplary for being superior in quietness and loudness (if you like that sort of thing).
Does loudness matter to you? Ask yourself:
- Are you or a family member is sound sensitive?
- Will loud juicing early in the morning wake up others?
- Do you intend to juice frequently, and could loudness become irritating to you?
- Reliability: When looking for a good juicer that is reliable, of good quality and designed to last, be sure to compare warranties. Any warranty 30 days, 90 days, 6 months or a 1 year is not a good warranty but certainly common in low end juicers. Such short term warranties do not indicate a reliable long life is expected by the manufacturer, so why should you expect different?
Quality juicers offer quality warranties. Manufactures who are confident in their products reliability, build them to last and stand behind their products with longer warranties. Beware of warranties that have exclusions as these are often on the very parts most likely to break. When looking for products with quality warranties, compare against leading juicer manufactures such as Omega, which offers warranties on many of their juicers up 15 years (one of the longest in the industry) and is comprehensive as well. Great example for Peace of mind shopping
That wraps up your step 2 “Identify Your Juicing Requirements”. Now proceed to step 3, to “COMPARE JUICERS”.
JUICER BUYING GUIDE PAGES
- Overview - Juicer Buying Guide
- Learn (about Types of Electronic Juicing Systems)
- Identify (your Juicing Requirements and Preferences in a juicer)
- Compare Juicers (compare products in the type of juicing system that is the closest match to likes/preferences and requirements. view comparisons of top products for relevant systems. now find the best juicer that is right for you).