Omega J8006HDC Juicer & Nutrition System
The Omega J8006HDC (AKA: Omega J8006 Heavy Duty in Chrome finish), is a low speed masticating juicer and nutrition center. It replaced the popular "Classic J8006" model. Main upgrades are new modern look, sleek ergonomic handle (for easier transport), increased horse power, larger and stronger juicing screen and an adjustable end cap for higher juicer yields.
Designed for people who seek a greater variety in what they juice and want to have a juicer plus a nutrition center all in one system.
- 80 RPM, single auger
Adjustable End Cap with 3 adjustable pressure settings
- Easy cleaning with automatic pulp ejection
- Extra-large feed tray. It is also deeper, so you can stack more ingredients on it.
- Built-in handle
- High juice yield saves $ on your grocery bill
- Quiet operation
- Masticating juice extraction to make variety of fruit, vegetable and leafy green juices. Such as: celery juice, citrus juice, fruit juices, leafy greens juice, vegetable juice and wheatgrass juice
- Nutrition System. Includes food processing parts for use in making all sorts of food preparations such as baby food, nut milks, nut butters, frozen fruit sorbets, freshly extruded pasta, minced herbs,
- The larger juicing screen that is more durable and supports higher yields, means you have a bigger juicing screen to clean, so a little more clean time.
- Horizontal juicers take up counter space. For convenience and ease, many like to leave their juicer on the counter for frequent ready-to-go use. However, if kitchen counter space is limited, some may put the juicer in a cupboard in between uses. For those seeking premium cold press juice making and wish for a smaller counter top footprint, check out the Omega VSJ843 Cold Press Vertical juicers. The VSJ843 is a premium lower speed 43 RPM cold press juicer in vertical format, however, it is not a nutrition system. For more details, compare specifications of the VSJ843 vs J9006HDS
- The feed chute on the J8006HD is 1.5" dimension which is good but not as large as on the NC800 / NC900 Nutrition System or NC1000HD horizontals, which have a 2.0" width oval shaped feed chute (82% wider). The larger chute helps enjoy juice faster and easier in two ways.
- Easier because less food preparation cutting of produce to fit the feed chute
- Faster because of less time spent on food preparation step, and more ingredients can be fed in in less time.
- The just mentioned models: NC800, NC900 and NC1000, have a 5-setting adjustable end-cap while the J8006HD has the 3-stage adjustable end cap. The higher number of settings, allow for more customization of pressure to support higher juice yields.
How will it benefit you?
High nutrition value - lower speed of 80 RPMs reduces heat build-up resulting in juice that is better equipped to keep its healthy enzymes intact, delays the oxidation process, and prolongs the juice's optimum shelf life.
Less Foaming – Juice extracted using this unit will tend to produce less foaming than twin gear models.
Multi-function – Very versatile nutrition center, that can be used for much more than just juicing
- Food Processor - Does mincing and chopping, providing natural flavour and nutrition from garlic, scallions, red pepper, ginger, and most other foods, including herbs and seasonings.
- Grinder -Easily grind coffee beans and flour
- Frozen Dessert Maker - Make all-natural, dairy free, gluten free, low sugar, healthier desserts.
- Nut Butters - Make almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter and more
- Nut & Soy Milks - Use coconut, almonds, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds or other to create nutritious milks
- Baby Foods and Soft Food Diets - Quick and easy to prepare soft foods with the homogenizer set-up.
- Milk Extruder – Make nutritious nut milks from almonds, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, or any other of your favorites. You can also make coconut milks
- Extrude Pasta - Make homemade spaghetti, linguini, or breadsticks can be extruded in just minutes
Easy to clean -. The screen’s design results in quicker clean up after juicing.
Quiet Operation – Low speed RPM auger is immensely more quiet than centrifugal units
Peace of mind - 15 Year warranty on all parts and labor.
Q: What is the difference between the Omega J8006 vs J8006HD vs J8006HDS vs J8006HDC?
A: The J8006 is the popular original classic version that was discontinued. The J8006HD is the updated replacement. It is manufactured in a choice of silver (J8006HDS) and chrome (J8006HDC). Some of the improvements on the new version, are as follows.
- Redesigned screen made larger and of durable GE stainless steel material. The larger juicing screen allows more juice to get through which supports higher juice yields. The
- Design optimized for ease, style and function. Featuring attractive sleeker more modern looking body with a recessed portability handle.
- More Horsepower. Now offers 2HP to power through squeezing of your produce. Previous version was 1/3 HP.
- Adding of the Adjustable End Cap. Being able to customize pressure on various produce enables higher juice yields from less produce and drier pulp. It is easy to use. just turn the cap counter-clockwise to tighten the squeeze, giving more backpressure and clockwise to lessen backpressure. Adjustable End Cap settings lets you customize pressure to whatever your juicing.
Q: Where is the User Manual?
A: Click the following to open a PDF of the Omega J8006HDS/J8006HDC User Manual. Note it will open in a new browser window. You can then view it there or download it (save to your computer).
The Bottom Line
A good quality juicer. Great upgrades over previous version, especially the adjustable end cap, more durable stainless steel screens, increased power, and sleeker ergonomic body design is a nice touch. However, for those seeking the most value from their juicing machine investment, the next generation models offers some good upgrades that make economic sense for anyone intending to juice more than occasionally.
For the relatively small price difference between the J8006HD and the benefits in the later Horizontal Single Gears juicers with juice yields, we feel the value to be had by the NC800/NC900 and the latest NC1000 make them the better buy. And where countertop space is limited and premium juicing is the priority (not nutrition systems), then the vertical VSJ843 would make sense. But that is us and everyone's needs and preferences are different.
To be clear, you are selecting the best and most suitable juicer for your needs and preferences with this style of juicer, comparing the horizontal single gear generations (ex: NC800HDS, NC900HDC, 8007S/8008C and J8006HDS) by viewing the following: Compare Horizontal Single Gears.
The J8006HDS Juicer and Nutrition System lets you enjoy juices with maximum vitamins and nutrients while also having the ability to make baby foods, nut butters & milks, pastas and sorbets. Cold press juicing is one of the most effective ways to easily access nutritious enzymes and antioxidants that boost immunity and enhance overall health. Using the proper procedures to assemble the J8006HDS will help you to enjoy all of the wellness benefits that it has to offer. You can also follow these steps to assemble your J8008C or J8006HDC has well.
How to Assembl...The J8006HDS Juicer and Nutrition System lets you enjoy juices...
How To – Use t...The adjustable end cap on select horizontal Omega Juicers allo...
How To – Prep ...Did you know that there is a right and wrong way to prep your ...
Green Ginger I...Boost your immunity with the combination of ginger, kale, lemo...
Island Dreamin...Create a delicious & healthy frozen fruit sorbet in your Omega...
How to Clean –...With all that the J8006HDS Juicer & Nutrition System has to of...
Customers also viewed