Omega NC800HDS Nutrition System
The Omega NC800HDS Nutrition System is the Flagship of the Horizontal Single Augers. Offering adjustable end-cap for varying back-pressure, bigger feed chute, new body design & plunger design. Enjoy extracting juice with higher juice yields, less prep time & more.
This is Omega’s flagship; the 6th generation horizontal single gear low speed masticating juicer with dual stage extraction an all-in-one nutrition centre. Developed for health conscious persons who require more than just a juicer and appreciate optimizing counter-top real estate with a multi-function food nutrition centre. Not only does it excel at juicing vegetables, leafy greens and wheatgrass juicing, but it also makes nut butters, grinds coffee and spices, minces herbs and garlic, makes baby foods, frozen desserts, extrude pasta shapes as well as make non-dairy milks such as soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk and more. This appliance is a lifestyle choice!
This really is an advanced multipurpose nutrition system. The new design features have resulted in a faster and much more efficient juicer than Omega’s previous generations of single auger horizontal single gear juicers and all-in-one nutrition centers (aka: the 8000 series). Such as:
- Get more juice yield! Thanks to a new adjustable end-cap with 5 settings, you can regulate the back pressure to be get more extracted from produce being juiced. All previous generations only have a static end cap, which provides a default back-pressure that is NOT adjustable / adaptable.
- Faster juice making! With the larger feed chute, making juice with the NC800HDS juice extractor just got a lot quicker. Now you can spend less time doing food preparation (cutting time) and submit larger units into the feed chute.
- Redesigned rugged stainless steel dual stage screens
- New smooth plunger design is faster to clean
- Larger juice collecting cup beneficial for bigger volume juice making sessions. Excellent for family juice making or for those that who want to make bigger batches and store for later consumption.
Even though the NC800HD is a very versatile juicer, as with all juicers, this unit is not a one size fits all.
- Like all horizontal single gears, it does not excel at solely juicing soft fruit, such as pineapple pomegranate or tomatoes. You can overcome this obstacle by combining a mix of soft and hard produce, and submit alternating portions of soft, followed by portions of hard produce into the feed chute. This could be an issue for those that intend to juice a higher amount of soft fruit.
- To enjoy the higher yields possible with the adjustable end-cap, beginners will have a greater learning curve to master compared to previous models.
- Unlike its main category competitor, the vertical single gear (ex: model VSJ843). it does not have an auto feed feature. As such, the NC800, will require manual pushing of the produce. Not having an auto feed could be an issue for some, such as follows.
- This could be an issue for persons that tire easily lifting produce and pushing plunger when doing large or possible batch juicing. If so, check out vertical juicers.
- For persons that want premium juice but know they do not want to have to continually push veggies / produce into the feed chute with the plunger and would simply prefer a system that auto feeds in the produce dropped into a feed chute. If so, check out the vertical single augers.
- This could be an issue for persons that want to do other things at the same time as juicing and get bored continually feeding in and plunging portions into the feed chute. If so, check out vertical juicers.
- For those of you with limited cabinet or counter space in your kitchen, this juicer (as well as all previous generation horizontal juicers), the large footprint may not be desirable. If so, check out vertical juicers.
How will it benefit you?
High nutrition value - lower speed of 80 RPMs resulting in juice that is better equipped to keep its healthy enzymes intact, delays the oxidation process, and prolongs the juice's optimum shelf life. Ideal for those that want to store nutritious juice up to 72 hours.
Higher yield - The adjustable back-pressure end cap, along with the redesigned juicing screen extracts higher juice yields.
Less Foaming – These juicers produce less foaming than previous models.
Easy to clean – And easy to assemble and disassemble.
Portability – Built in handle makes it easy to move around
Quiet Operation – It’s very quiet
Peace of mind - 15 Year warranty on all parts and labor. Delivering you many years of trouble-free, dependable service.
Nutrition Center - Your "Juicing System" PLUS "Nutrition Center" all-in-one appliance.
- Juicing System
- Vegetable Juice. Juices all kinds of vegetables including carrots, beets, celery, peppers, and radishes without destroying the natural flavor and nutritional benefits. Fresh taste and full nutrition are guaranteed with this unique extraction process.
- Wheatgrass and Leafy Greens. Kale, cabbage, spinach and pine tree needles are just some of the natural products that can be juiced. Enjoy the best that nature offers in raw foods and juice them for full nutritional benefits.
- Fruit Juice. Efficiently juices hard and soft fruits: even citrus fruits
- Nutrition Center
This unit is much more than just a juicer; it is a multi-function nutrition system that creates an array of healthier foods in your kitchen. Such as:
- Nut Butters - Make nut butters such as: almond butter, peanut butter, sunflower seed butter and more while using all-natural ingredients
- Nut and Soy Milk Extruder - Use almonds, pecans, cashews, hazelnuts, or any other of your favorites to create nutritious milks. You can also make coconut milks
- Baby Foods - Make homemade baby food knowing that you are giving your baby fresh produce that is nutritious and easily digestible.
- Dessert Maker - Make all-natural, dairy free, gluten free, low fat, low sugar, low calorie desserts that taste like your favorite ice creams or frozen treats
- Mincing and Chopping providing natural flavor and nutrition from garlic, scallions, red pepper, ginger, and most other foods, including herbs and seasonings. Soft foods for special diets for babies are quick and easy to prepare with the homogenizer set-up.
- Grinding Coffee and Grains - Easily grind coffee beans and flour
- Extrude Pasta - Make homemade spaghetti, linguini, or breadsticks can be extruded in just minutes with the included pasta nozzles
The Bottom Line
In our opinion, this is the BEST of the Horizontal Single Auger Juicers. The NC800HD, has all the inherent benefits of a single auger horizontal juicer design, such as: nutrient dense juice, longer shelf life (low oxidation keeps juice fresh longer), low foam, low pulp, quiet operation, excellent for leafy greens and good combination mixed produce. It offers valuable improvements over previous models that make it the best juicer in this category.
- More cost efficient as it produces greater juice yield per pound
- Faster easier juicing with larger feed chute
- More sturdy stainless steel dual stage screens
In the end, we want to help you purchase that juicer that is going to serve you best for your needs. If you want multi-functional and versatile juicers and more, than NC900/800 maybe the best juicer for you.
Common asked questions about the NC8000 and the family of Heavy Duty Nutrition Center models: NC800HDS, NC900HDC and NC800HDR
Q: Why buy the NC800 or NC900 over the Omega VSJ843 Vertical Slow Cold Juicer?
A: Comparing the Omega NC800 horizontal juicer & nutrition system to the Omega VSJ843 vertical juicer, is not comparing apples with apples. They are very different types of juicers using different juice extraction technology. They are both excellent in different ways. One is amazing for doing green juice extraction plus other food processing functions, the other specializes in ultra slow cold pressed juicing. If you are looking at these two systems, you will want to refer to our Juicer Buyer Guide and learn about the different types of juicing methods to see what type of juicing technology (method or system) is a best fit for what you intend to juice most often. For more help on determining if this style juicer is right for you, scroll down to section below "Is this Right for Me".
Q: What is the difference between the Omega NC800 vs NC900?
A: They are the same juicer. The only difference is the external finish on the body. The NC900 (also known as the NC900HDC nutrition system) is a premium chrome body with black finish. The NC800 (also known as the NC800HD nutrition system) comes in a choice of silver with black body finish (NC800HDS) or red body finish (NC800HDR)
Q: Omega NC800 vs NC900 - which is better?
A: Since the only difference between the models is the external finish, the best juicer for you between these two models comes down to two things.
- Personal style preference and budget. If you like the look of both but you prefer a lower price, then the NC800 could be for you. If you love how the chrome juicer would look in your kitchen, than the NC900HC could be the best juicer for you.
- Since the body of each model is made of different material, there is a weight difference. The NC900 with its chrome body weights 17.6 lbs and the NC800 with its sliver colour body, weights 13 lbs. That is a 4.6 lb difference in weight! If you foresee moving your Juicer / Nutrition Center from counter to cupboard often, you may prefer the NC800 model for its lighter weight.
Q: What is the difference between the NC800HD and just NC800?
A: None! They are both the NC800 model. The letters HD, which stand for Heavy Duty are sometimes added. Also note that some retailers, add a space after the number like this "NC800 HD" and others may label it "NC800HD".
Q: What is the difference between NC800HDS or NC800 HDS?
A: None! They are both the NC800 model in a silver finish. Both just variations on the model with colour name.
Q: What is the NC800HDR or NC800 HDR?
A: This is the same NC800 model with "R" added to indicate it is a red colour body finish.
Q: What is the difference between the Omega J8006 and the NC800 / NC900?
A: Like the NC800 and NC900, the Omega J8006 (AKA J8006HDS) is an low speed horizontal juice extractor and nutrition system. It is an older model design of the masticating juicers. The main differences between this older generation model and the new 6th Generation extractor nutrition systems, is the NC800/900 generation models have higher juice yields and found to produce less pulp. Top favourite features of the NC800/900 include larger feed chute (2" x 1.5"), adjustable pulp control (to fine tune pulp preference), as well as new updated body along with it being a BPA-FREE juicer. With the larger feed chute, you can feed more in the chute and with less food prep (cutting as small) offering time saving convenience.
Q: What is the difference between the Omega 6th Generation Juicer & Nutrition Center line compared with earlier Generations?
A: The 6th Generation Nutrition Center is Omega's Flagship Horizontal Juice Extractor & Nutrition System line. Some of the top advantages of the NC800/900 over the other generations include: higher juice yields, time savings with faster loading and less prep to get ingredients into the juicer over all other previous generation. Omega names new model releases as a generation number. They are as follows from newest to oldest models.
- Omega 6th Generation Horizontal Single Gear. Includes: NC800 and NC900. Names for different body finishes: NC800HDS (silver colour body), NC800HDR (red colour body), NC900HDC (chrome body), NC900HDSS (stainless steel body, stainless steel bowls, + stylistic changes)
- Omega 5th Generation Horizontal Single Gear. Includes: 8008 and 8007. Names for different body finishes: 8008C (chrome body), and 8007S (stainless steel finish)
- Omega 4th Generation Horizontal Single Gear. Includes: 8006 and 8004. Names for different body finishes: 8006 Classic Juicer and Nutrition System (chrome body), J8006HDS Ultimate Juicer and Nutrition System (silver colour body) and Omega 8004 (white colour)
- Omega 3rd Generation Horizontal Single Gear. Includes: 8005 (chrome body) and 8003 (white colour body).
Q: Where can I get the User Manual?
A: You can download a digital copy of it in PDF format. Click here: "Omega NC800 User Manual"
Is this Right for Me?
When it comes to selecting the right juicer, there is no one universal juicer that juices all fruit and vegetables equally the same. The different styles and category of juicers are optimized for some tasks more than others. Consider the following.
- If you intend to do more fruit juicing, or mixed produce juicing and less of sole leafy greens or hard produce type juice extracts, and do not require an all-in-one food making appliance, than you may want to look at the Vertical Single Auger Juicers.
- If you anticipate not having an “auto feed” operation and that having to continually feed produce and plunge could be too physically demanding, or could deter you from juicing often, then this may be a reason to look at another category of juicers that do feature the “auto feed” function such as the Vertical Single Augers.
- If you intend to juice mostly leafy greens, seek to further maximize nutrition density and have the budget for the next level up in premium juice extracting, than a Twin Gear Juicer (horizontal juicer with two augers), may be for you.
- If high quality juice is not a priority, nor longer shelf life, but speed and low budget are, and you intend to juice mostly hard produce, then you may want to check and compare centrifugal juicers.
To be clear you are selecting the best and most suitable juicer for your needs and preferences within this style and category of juicers, compare all the horizontal single gear generations, by viewing the following: Compare Horizontal Single Gears
Get clear on Juicer Types, Styles and Categories now. It is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3! Check out the Juicer Buying Guide Now
John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ compares and explains the differences between the different Omega horizontal single auger juicers. In this episode you will discover what similarities these juicers share, and what exactly makes them different. You will learn which juicer is the easiest to use, and which will make the most yield. You will also learn which produce items these style juicers are best at juicing, and which produce items they do not juice so well. After watching this episode, you will know which Omega horizontal single auger juicer is right for you if this is the style juicer you wish to purchase. To learn more and purchase the Omega 8004: http://www.discountjuicers.com/omega8004.html To learn more and purchase the Omega 8007: http://www.discountjuicers.com/omega8007.html To learn more and purchase the Omega NC800: http://www.discountjuicers.com/omeganc800.html
Differences Be...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ compares and explain...
Omega VSJ843 v...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ compares the Omega V...
How to Make Fr...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ demonstrates how you...