Omega VSJ843 Slow Juicer in Silver & Red
VSJ843 improves upon the VRT400. Top new benefits include superior slow speed of 43 RPM, twin wing auger extracting higher yielding, more nutritious juice with less pulp. Easier to clean design.
Omega’s 4th generation and newest vertical slow juicer, offers the most advanced vertical single auger design. Combining gorgeous aesthetics, quiet operation, small counter footprint and superb quality juice with maximum amount of live enzymes, vitamins, minerals, smoother juice and longer shelf life. Unlike the multi-function nutrition centers, this model was designed as a juicer only, which it does very well indeed!
Only 43 RPM making it the slowest juicer that’s currently available in the North American market. This new design is almost 50% the speed of the previous generations of vertical juicers. Omega’s innovative slow squeezing juicing system which is comprised of a newly redesigned heavy duty twin wing auger, upgraded dual stage stainless steel screen produces a high yield long lasting nutrient rich juice. The tighter fit crushing of the twin wing design auger, makes less pulpy juice compared to other vertical masticating juicers.
- The juicer was designed to be even easier to clean. It has a “Automatic Wiping System” (AWS) silicone blade, which clears excess pulp from screen area. The AWS is now driven by the auger, thereby eliminating the need for a separate gear mechanism in the juice bowl that other vertical juicers require.
- Inclusion of the patented spout tap flap feature, which offers the following.
- Juice mixing functionality, nut milk making feature
- Prevents dripping of juice on counters.
- When ready to clean. Close flap, pour glass of water in and run. While holding clean water inside the wiper blades provides an “Auto Cleansing System” option that is then drained before proceeding with next juicing batch or finishing step, involving disassembly for hand cleaning.
- It comes with an amazing 15 year warranty which is the longest in the industry.
- It can make fruit juice, vegetable juice, superfood green juice, nut milks, frozen fruit sorbets, smoothies and wheatgrass juice.
- This vertical juicer is offered in either a square base (more cube like with rounded corners) or round base. Both work the same and both look equally amazing! Models are listed as follows.
- Square design in Silver, model name: VSJ843QS
- Round design in Silver, model name: VSJ843RS
- Square design in Red model name: VSJ843QR
Best results from the VSJ843 depend on more food prepping of ingredients before juicing. However, the following preparations are best practices common to vertical juicing type systems.
- The feed chute is not overly large, as such, large produce will likely require cutting into smaller sizes. However, best practice will be to pace small feeds consistently into chute.
- Stalk vegetables with strong fiber such as celery, water parsley and swiss chard should be cut in small pieces to avoid the string parts from wrapping around auger base. Note that the Omega Juicers User Manual recommends cutting this type of produce between 1 and 2 inches before placing in the hopper. However in our experience, we find cutting the problematic stalks to 1/8" or at most 1/4" gives best results and greatly reduces chances of strings wrapping around the auger which can impede the juicer from working properly.
- Its best to use fresh firm quality produce and varieties. So for example, choosing a fresh firm apple and a firmer variety will juice better than a not so fresh or firm one. Although using fresh fruit will output better juice in other juicing machines as well.
- Not as multi-functional as the slow juicing horizontal Omega Nutrition Centers such as the NC800 and NC900. As it does not offer a variety of non-juicing extras such as making baby food, coffee grinding, nut butters and extracting pasta shapes.
- Requires more food cutting preparation than a typical horizontal - but a lot less effort to feed into the juicer.
- Requires more food cutting preparation than a centrifugal - but produces more nutrition dense juice, greater competency for juicing more types of produce and greater competency at extracting higher yielding outputs.
How will it benefit you?
- High nutrition value - The superior slow operating speed of 43 RPMs minimizes oxidation and consequence of heat build-up. Extracts juice that is more nutrient rich in enzymes, vitamins, phytonutrients and offers longer shelf life (up to 72 hours).
- Higher yield - the new dual-edge auger strains more juice and breaks down fiber to a palatable level for a smoother, nutrient-dense juice. If you do a lot of juicing, then this unit can save you a considerable amount of money via yielding more juice per pound of produce.
- Easy to clean - The auto-cleaning system greatly minimizes the clean-up process.
- Small Footprint - The vertical design results in a compact device but with still excellent juicing capabilities. A major benefit over the horizontal juicers.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Modern clean design will enhance your kitchen.
- Quiet Operation – It’s incredibly quiet. Will not disturb your household during those early morning juicing sessions.
- Peace of mind - 15 Year warranty on all parts and labor. Best warranty in the industry. Delivering you many years of trouble-free, dependable service.
This is a premium low speed vert juicer. It touts the latest technology in vertical cold pressed juicing and delivers high quality, fresh, nutrient dense juice with higher yields and longer shelf life. As a secondary value, we feel it to be the most attractive looking juicers we have seen to date (personally favouring the square like cube design in particular to suit our kitchen). The sleek design and contemporary finish options will look great delivering premium healthy tasty juices sitting on any kitchen counter. Despite the minor drawbacks listed in “the Bad” section above, the Omega VSJ843 is one of our favorite all-round juicers. We feel it is great choice for individuals who want to juice a mix of everything from leafy greens, wheat grass, fruits, vegetables and even wheatgrass. However, that is our opinion. The best juicer for us is not necessarily the best juicer for you.
Still have questions? Check out the FAQs below and the Juicer Buyer Guide, where you can see that buying the right juicers is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3.
1. ) Why buy VSJ843 juicer over the NC800 or VRT400?
A: This VSJ model is a high performance vertical juicer that juices produce extremely well. Depending on what you will want to juice and your budget, will determine why this or another juicer will be right for you. Consider the following comparison.
- VRT400 vs VSJ843: They are both vertical juicers by Omega. The VRT400 is the previous generation vertical juicer and an older design. It is still available and produced today. The older model juicer VRT400 sells for slightly less than the latest vertical juicer VSJ843. There are a number of differences in features and design, that can be seen in the buyer’s guide. One very notable difference is the VR400 speed is 80 RPM but the newer model VSJ843 offers superior Low Speed Technology System (LSTS) with nearly 50% slower speed at only 43 RPMs. The VSJ843 improvements offer increased juice yield that is smoother with less pulp. Due to the higher yield and nutrition value, we feel the slightly higher price is worth it.
- NC800 vs VSJ843: These models are very different. They are different types of juicing systems (extraction technology) and are both optimized to be great at many tasks but excellent in different ways. With these two we are not comparing apples with apples. If you are looking at these two systems. You will want to refer to our Juicer Buyer Guide and learn about the different types of juicing methods to see what type of juicing technology (method or system) is a best fit for what you intend to juice most often. Once you are clear on juicing systems, then compare and find the best juicer for you. In general, if you are seeking to get a juicer that juices produce and makes nut butters or homemade pasta shapes, then a Nutrition Center type of system could be a better fit for you. However, if you are focused on a system that does premium quality juicing on a variety of mixed produce and does it really well than the upright masticating VSJ843 juicer could be the best juice for you.
2. ) Omega VSJ843 Round vs Square, which model is best?
A: They are the same juicer, just the outside shape is a slightly different. Both the round and square offer the same functional excellence in slow speed / cold press juice extraction. Just one has a round circular base and the other has a square / or cube like base. The debate between the square vs round really comes down to style preference and space available.
To answer this question, ask yourself the following
- Do you like the look of round or square? Which would look best in your style of kitchen?
- How much space do you have on your counter-top? If space is tight, then the round base could be more suitable since the width is less. So, if space is limited, just check the dimensions in the juicer specs below and compare to the space you have available.
3. ) Where can I get the VSJ843 Manual and Specs in English and French?
A: Right here! Just click the banner below to get it now.
4. ) About the "AMAZING DEAL", what is meant by "NEW" and "NOT A REFURB"?
A: This means the unit is new and never been used and as such has the full 15-Year Warranty from the manufacturer Omega Juicers. It is important for shoppers to understand that some retailers are selling refurbished units which do not have the same warranty (if any) as the new units.
5. ) Does it produce much pulp or particles?
A: The VSJ model has a lot of fans that prefer low pulp / low particulate juice (ex: expert juicer and VSJ fan: John Kohler on YouTube). However proper operation needs to be followed to get proper and consistent results. Take a look at this picture of the filter inside and the two filter screen hole sizes. See how there are small holes at the bottom of the basket and bigger holes at the top of the basket? If you do not prep your food properly or feed it in too fast, than the basket will fill and more juice will end up having to be extracted through the upper larger filter screen holes which can result in more pulp and particulate in your juice. For more info on juicing operation, refer to instructions included with your juicer along with the Good4LifeMart Vertical Juicer User Guide that we email with your purchase.
6. ) Can it make nut milk or sorbet?
A: While these vert models do not list functions other than juicing, a number of VSJ fans love to also use theirs for making nut milks and sorbets. If you want to learn more about making nut milks and sorbets in a VSJ, check out the videos down below by John Kohler (juicing and VSJ expert in USA). Just be sure to follow all guidelines in your product user guide.
Is this Right for Me?
When it comes to selecting the right juicer, there is no one universal juicer that juices all fruit and vegetables equally the same. The different styles and category of juicers are optimized for some tasks more than others, so knowing what you want to juice most often, helps you find the best juicer to match your juicing intentions. Consider the following.
- If you intend to juice mostly a variety of mixed produce juices and make juicing a regular part of your lifestyle, compare this with the newer models specifications, features, functionality and benefits.
- If you intend to juice mostly greens, and would appreciate extra non-juicing functionality in the appliance such as being able to extract pasta shapes, make baby food, grind coffee and more, you may like a horizontal single gear juicer, such as one of the 8000 series (ex: Omega NC800/900).
- If you intend to juice mostly leafy greens and wheatgrass, value even higher nutrition density and have the budget for the next level up in premium juice extracting, than a Twin Gear Juicer (horizontal juicer with two augers), may be for you or the more budget friend and NC800.
- If you want juice made fast and value speed over slow cold extraction for maximizing your nutrition content, than this is NOT the juicer for you! For those seeking speedy output, along with less food preparation, care less for extracting higher juice yields, are not concerned about high RPM oxidation of the juice and do not intend to juice much leafy greens, than a centrifugal juicer may be better match for you.
- If you want the best juicer for juicing celery the VSJ843 and the NC800 and NC900 will all do a great job with juicing celery. To help decide which juicer is best for celery juicing, look at the earlier points for guidance. Such as, if you plan to include some soft fruits and cucumber in your juicing, than the VSJ would likely be the best juicer for you. But if you plan to juice celery and mostly leafy greens, than the horizontal juicer would likely be better suited for you.
To be clear you are selecting the best and most suitable juicer for your needs and preferences with this style of juicer, compare all the vertical single gear generations, by viewing the following: Compare Vertical Single Gears
If you are not sure if the vertical single gear category of juicers is for you, get clear on types, styles and categories now. It is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3! Check out the Juicer Buying Guide Now
If you have questions, and would like personal assistance, please contact us. We are always happy to assist you.
John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ shares with you his first review of the all-new Omega VSJ843 Juicer. In this episode John will explain the differences between the Omega VSJ 843 and the prior Omega VRT series juicers. You will learn about the different parts of the VSJ series machines and how they have been upgraded to produce more juice with less pulp in the juice. John will then make a green juice in the VSJ843QR Juicer and share with you how the VSJ series machines juices swiss chard, celery and cucumbers so you can see for yourself the results. Finally John shares his opinions of the VSJ juicer, the juice that was created and if you should consider this juicer if you are in the market for a vertical slow juicer. You are sure to learn alot about the Omega VSJ843 Juicer after watching this demonstration review video. To learn more and purchase the Omega VSJ843QS Silver Juicer: http://www.discountjuicers.com/omegavsj843s.html To learn about and purchase the Omega VSJ843QW White Juicer: http://www.discountjuicers.com/omegavsj843w.html To learn about and purchase the Omega VSJ843QR Red Juicer: http://www.discountjuicers.com/omegavsj843r.html
NEW Omega VSJ8...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ shares with you his ...
Omega VSJ843 S...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ shares the differenc...
Omega VSJ843 v...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ compares the Omega V...
How to Best Us...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ shares with you his ...
VSJ843QS 43 RP...
How to Make Al...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ shows you how you ca...
How to Make Nu...John from http://www.discountjuicers.com/ shows you how you ca...
NEW Omega VSJ843 Vertical Cold Press Juicer with Auto Cleaning Review(33:10)
Omega VSJ843 Square vs Round - What's the Difference ?(12:04)
Omega VSJ843 vs Omega NC800 - Best Juicer for Green Juice Review(46:56)
How to Best Use and Clean the Omega VSJ843 Juicer(52:26)
VSJ843QS 43 RPM Vertical Square Low-Speed Juicer(01:30)
How to Make Almond Milk & Coconut Milk the Easy Way from scratch(34:23)
How to Make Nut Butter & Frozen Fruit Sorbet in the Omega VSJ843 Juicer(35:21)
Customers also viewed